Monday, May 25, 2009

Zambales [May 24, 2009]

Went back to Zambales to pick up my kids from their vacation. I arrived 11:30am or so and lunch was not yet ready. Nothing else to do after a 5 hour drive and not very hungry either so I rigged my rod and sneaked out for a quickie. When I got to my favorite spot, I casted furiously before my wife notices that I went missing. After 5 minutes or so, I got a strike and a solid hookup. Almost a kilo, i think.




After quick photo op, went back home as if nothing happened (20 minute fishing-driving). I am quite sure my wife knows. She just doesn't want to comment. :D

The following day Sunday, I got a really quick visa. 2 hours of fishing only as we had to go back to Manila after lunch. I went to the spot around 10am and fish until lunch. (Note: I noticed that dalags are not very active when it is still early). 2 hours and got this two. Not very big, around a quarter kilo each.

Fishes were released.






I was amazed about the stories going around the place. In one instance, I was asked by an elderly local whether it was true that in one day I caught 8 kilos of dalag total. A different style of fishing sure does generate a lot of rumors. :D They also think that I never go home empty handed. Well, the truth is, I almost always go home empty-handed because I release majority of my catch. :rofl:. The good news is, most of the people I talked to lately, stopped asking why I release my catch. I guess they understand or they got tired of asking. :D

I just got back and I already miss fishing there. Hopefully, I get to fish there again this coming July. :)





2 comments:

  1. pwede ring tinanggap na nila yung "baliw" na mangingisda in their midst. hehehe

    ReplyDelete