Thursday, September 22, 2022

First time out for a not so new ride

Would you believe that it took me almost two years before I was finally able to take out my latest kayak? It's an Old Town Topwater PDL 120. Never been used. I stored it for almost 2 years because of the pandemic.

When I finally had the chance, I took it back home to the province where it belongs -- near the ocean. There, I was finally able to fish with it. My golly, it was worth the wait. It was an absolute beast of a fishing machine. I was able to fish even when the current was strong. I can stay on a spot without effort. The PDL drive and the rudder were a joy to use. I can even stand and cast topwater lures without the fear of falling overboard. And the best part, I can fish longer and farther without getting too tired.

The only downside is its weight. It was so heavy. I can't really transport it frequently without a trailer. I guess it's ok for now since I have plenty of water near my house before I feel the need to find another spot.



I did not catch any fish during the few days I fished with it. I was too busy at that time so I fished only for a couple of hours at a time. Hopefully, when I get back, I can fish with it longer. I can't wait to go back home. As for my other kayak, the Ocean Kayak Prowler 13, I am conflicted about the thought of selling it. It is still a great fishing kayak. Light and fast. Maybe I will keep it for my kids, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment