Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hibiki Frog v4 in Kangkungan [May 2, 2009]

I have been quietly doing field testing in Kangkungan a couple of times. The kangkungan that we used to admire is losing its fishes. The water is nearly gone and taken over by lilies and kangkong. The dalags are also nearly gone. A lot of people are sneaking at night and doing bait fishing and taking home the fishes. It was really a nice spot but now, it's almost gone.

Aside from the the fact that the water is almost gone, a fence is also being constructed around the area which will prevent anyone from getting near the spot. In a few days, i believe another nice spot will be lost.

Anyway, i made another DIY frog which I call Hibiki Frog v4. I think this one is better than the previous ones. Sorry, no pic of the frog for now as it is still under development.

In one instance, I casted to a spot and as soon it hits the water, a dalag struck the lure. I was not able to set the hook as the line has plently of slack. On the first day, I got 9 strikes 3 hookups and 2 landed (in 1.5 hours). The next day, on my first cast, I got a strike and landed it. All the fishes are very small compared to the catches before.

All the fishes were released.





No comments:

Post a Comment