Monday, March 30, 2009

Lake Caliraya and CPR [March 29, 2009]

Me, Mikko, Kyle, and my cousin JB went to Caliraya yesterday to try Bass fishing and to sample the famed CPR (Caliraya Paradise Resort).

We arrived at around 6am and immediately geared up. The first to catch was JB. His first visit in Caliraya and his first Bass as well.



We went to some of the remote coves and while checking for a spot to anchor, I trolled for a while and caught this nice fish. This is my first Bass ever.



When the sun started to get hot, bass fishing became really slow. These fishes probably hate the heat more than us.

We decided to go to CPR after eating lunch. Mikko, tied on one of Bong's spinnerbaits. After a couple of cast, Mikko caught this really big fish.



As the hour went by, Mikko keeps on catching dalags one after the other --- using the same spinner bait:


The total, six hookups and 5 landed.


That particular spinner bait was so hot. Even though I have casted almost all of my other spinners on CPR, all I got was a very small dalag. Other than that, no strikes. Paging Bong, we need more of your magic spinners. :D

Kyle, who was on the other end of the pond, was hauling Carps. (Photos will follow). He was hollering for Landing Net when he is hooked to a carp but we are unable to help because we had to go around the pond to get to him. I think he lost a couple or so. Fortunately, he was able to land 5 of them, i think --- using the pond owner's landing net,

At the end of the day, we caught 2 bass, 5 dalags, and 5 carps.

4 comments:

  1. grabe, andaming huli! buti walang limit policy yung fishpond :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, walang limit. Pwede rin catch and release as long as di grabe injury ng isda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hibiki,

    My name is Max. I am a fly fisherman from Atlanta, Georgia USA. My wife's family is from Las Pinas, Manila. I will be traveling to Manila in December and plan to visit Lake Caliraya to fly fish for Largemouth Bass. I would appreciate any information about Lake Caliraya that you could send my way. I enjoyed viewing your fishing blog. I am also interested in fishing for a Beramundi. Are there any good lakes other than Lake Caliraya that have Largemouth Bass? Good Luck, Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Max, I'm so sorry I failed to notice the comments in this blog. According to Bass Anglers here, the better spot for Largemouth here in PH is in Pantabangan in Nueva Ecija. It's about 3-4 hours from Manila. YOu can google it for more info. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks again and sorry for the delay.

    ReplyDelete