Monday, March 23, 2009

Dalag Fishing Coloong [March 22, 2009]

The original plan was to hit CPR (Caliraya Paradise Resort) in Caliraya, Laguna --- around 2 hours from Manila. But because of domestic commitments, none of the guys who are part of the plan were able to commit. I think most of my fellow anglers were not able to push through with any of their fishing plans that weekend.

Not wanting to waste a good day for fishing, I decided to hit Coloong (Kap's pond) for a short dalag fishing trip -- 10am to 2pm. I got an SMS from Obet and he decided to go to Aling Nene's pond. Bong, who was supposed to go to Subic, SMS'ed and checked if anyone would go to CPR but in the end, decided to tag along with me. Mikko, also a fellow angler, who was supposed to hit Lakeshore, turned up at Aling Nene's as well.

Picked up Bong at around 9am, and drove to Coloong. Because we were so busy talking about fishing stuffs while driving, I missed the Meycauayan exit on the expressway. We left the expressway via Marilao. On our way back to Coloong, we stopped by a surplus shop (Ukay-ukay) to check if there are some fishing stuffs that can be had.

Anyway, we arrived at Colooong past 10 and took the banca to Lawak and started fishing at around 10:30. It was a welcome break --- there were so few anglers at lawak that we were able to fish quietly for a few hours. Unfortunately, the dalags are not in the mood. All I got is a single fish using one of Bong's spinners.

 Even though it was just almost a kilo in weight, it gave a really nice fight.

After a few pictures, the fish was placed back where it came from.

At around 1pm, we took the banca and went back to the main pond. We met Paul on the way. Paul is also a fellow angler who was with his family at that time. Before going home, we passed by Aling Nene's pond to meet up with Obet and Mikko. We were planning to cast for around 15minutes or so and then go back to Manila. But, when Mikko got a hookup with a large apahap (which escaped after a jump), the 15 minutes lasted for more than an hour. Before we knew it, it was already 4pm.

I really hope that next week, CPR would push through. I have this feeling that we are running out of places to fish. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment