Monday, July 2, 2012

Some more Daiwa Zillion Upgrades and a few more Dalag (Haruan/Snakehead)


I'm almost finished upgrading my Daiwa Zillion PLA Crazy Cranker. Last time, I got a 6.3 gear and pinion as secondary gear set as the all-purpose gear for top water fishing. I can still use the 4.9 gear for heavy cranking and heavy spinners or for bottom bouncing.

Last month, I ordered a Daiwa Aggrest swept handle, a set of Carbontex for Daiwa Zillion, and a set of Daiwa Wormgear upgrade from tackletrap.com. It was also a perfect timing because Kenny, our generous angler friend from Canada sent me some stainless steel handle bearings and Ceramic bearings for Daiwa Zillions.






All in all, below are the upgrades for the Zillion Crazy Cranker:

1. 6.3 Gear and Pinion
2. Carbontex Drag Washer
3. Worm Gear Bearing
4. Aggrest Swept Handle
5. 4-bearing Paddles

After the upgrade, my Zillion is now 12-bearing reel (stock reel has only 6-bearings). It feels smoother when cranking than it was before.

The next upgrade is to install the Ceramic bearings that I got from Kenny (after I find a spool pin remover) and some cork handles.

I went out yesterday and tested the reel on Dalag (Haruan). Got myself 4 nice sized snakeheads. All were caught, photographed, and released.





Go to Daiwa Zillion: Upgrading the Gear and Pinion plus Drag Washer

2 comments:

  1. men, ilan na lahat ang reels mo now? or do you just review samples and send them back to the manufacturers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Konti lang reels ko. Ang style ko ay bili, gamit ng konti, review, then kung may natipuhan akong iba, benta ko yung di ko nagagamit. Yung pinagbentahan ang binibili ko ng bago. Keep ko lang yung mga super type ko. :-)

    ReplyDelete