Friday, February 6, 2009

Kapitan's Pond [January 31, 2009]

Finally, I got to try my Abu toys (4601C3 and 5601SSC3) this morning. I went to Coloong for a field test. After just the second cast, I got one. A 1.81-kilo Mama dalag (Haruan). Just 190 grams short of my 2 kilo goal.





I still had an hour to kill before heading home so I decided to try my luck on Apahap (Barramundi). After 10 minutes, my 4601C3 went zzzzzt zzzztt. The C3's drag, although not a screaming drag like the one from a spinning reel, was uniquely thrilling! After a few runs, I landed this nice 2.7-kilo Apahap (Barramundi).



Not bad for the reels' first day in the water. :D

Note: The Haruan was released while the Barra, which was considered by the pond owner as a pest, was kept for the dinner table.

2 comments:

  1. Nice catch, kapatid! Anong luto ang ginawa mo sa mga biktima? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yung apahap, sinigang sa Miso and stir fried with tausi. :-) Pinakawalan ko mga dalag.

    ReplyDelete