Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lakeshore and Coloong [3-7-2010]

Went to Lakeshore with my cousin this morning. I was hoping to test my new 2nd hand toys :D.

After 15 minutes of casting, I got one. It was a pretty strong fish and it's fast runs tested the rod and reel.

An hour passed and I caught another but never had the chance to take a picture. It's the same size as the first one. When I was trying to lip grip it, the damn fish won't open its mouth. I had to hold the leader to lift its head. I was hoping that when I give it a short pull, the fish will open its mouth so I can lip grip it. Unfortunately, when I lifted its head, the fish rolled and the hooked pulled out. Oh well, it's meant to be released anyway.

Lesson learned! I have lost a lot of fish because of the lip grip. I think it's about time I get a decent net.

By 8:30am, there's no more fish activity. It was probably too hot for the fish.

After a quick rest, we drove to Coloong to get some bangus and tilapia. We went straight to Aling Nene's. IT was full of people. Apparently, this morning was also the re-opening of the pond. Aling Nene gave everyone a complimentary fishing shirt.  :clap:

My original target was bangus but the water looks really full of dalag. So, rigged a soft plastic and casted on the pond's edges. I got rewarded with nice fat dalag which can easily reach 2kg.

So I took a couple of pics and was not satisfied with the shots. I tried to fix the "arrangement" of the fish, lure, and rod/reel to get a better picture. I grabbed the lure to to adjust the fish --- and then the fish jumped! And jumped once more until it reached the water. Dang! it got away and I wasn't able to get the exact weight. Anyway, at least I got a couple of pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment