Friday, August 16, 2013

First attempt at handmade lures

Can't fish because of work and domestic responsibilities so I tried making a wooden plug from scratch when there's free time. Here's my first attempt on hand-carved, hand-painted wooden plug. Please excuse the eyes as I don't have a 3D version yet. It walks, spits, and knocks. 








All materials came from the local hardware except for the hooks and split rings. Made with wire-through #19 SS wire and double-knocker rattles. 6 layers of epoxy clear coat. Took me 2 weeks to finish this. I wish that it dries faster so I can fish it.

I also discovered 50 pcs of froggy blanks that I designed a couple of years back but never had the chance to paint and rig them. Anyway, I painted one just to see if the idea 2 years back might fly. I think it might. This one's coated with 2 layers of epoxy. 4 more layers and it will shine. 
I might try painting and rigging the rest as soon as the hardware arrives (3D eyes, double hooks, and silicon skirts).


1 comment:

  1. Fish-like baits is the most attractive to the fish, so if you use them you can easily catch a fish. I always use them in some Fishing Expedition.

    ReplyDelete