Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Daiwa Catalina 4000

Saltiga Z's younger brother. I got this to replace the TDA4000 that I let go a few months back. This thing's heavy, solid, and the tolerances are so tight.


Features full metal body (frame and rotor), 10kg max tournament drag, manual return bail system, Cam driven oscillation, Water proof body and Drag, Titanium twist buster line roller, rotor brake in casting, tough air bail wire, floating pinion gear, digital cut gear from material 1.6 times stronger than duralumin, perfect double stopper (infinite roller and mechanical).

My plan is to use this reel for shore or boat casting and light jigging. I might load it with 35lb Varivas casting braid. I will probably get a Majorcraft Crostage Boat Casting 7'6" rod. PE 1.5 to 3 or PE 2-4 for shore and boat casting and if I still have the funds, I will get a boat jigging rod.

2 comments: